Season’s Greetings! As always, charitable giving is a useful strategy to reduce tax liability while supporting valued organizations and people. In appreciation for your generosity to MPA, we are sharing the following guidelines and giving methods as you consider your year-end giving. Please Note: All gifts must be received and processed by December 31, 2019 for application to this year’s taxes.
CHECK: A check made to MicroFinancing Partners in Africa should be sent to: MicroFinancing Partners in Africa 4949 Columbia Avenue St. Louis, MO 63139.
CREDIT CARD (ONLINE): The fastest way to give is to make a gift online using a credit or debit card. Please click here to visit MPA’s donation webpage.
CREDIT CARD (MAIL): Credit card gifts can also be made via mail to the above address. Please include your credit card number, expiration date, daytime telephone number, security code, and zip code, and any instructions regarding your gift designation. MPA can also take credit card donations over the phone at (314) 776-1319.
WIRE TRANSFER: Please call MPA at (314) 776-1319 for wire and ACH transfer gifts.
EMPLOYER MATCHING GIFTS
An employer matching gift is an excellent way to increase the impact of your contribution. Here are the basic steps for an employer-matched gift:
- Make cash, check or credit card gift to MPA.
- Obtain a matching gift form (or web address) from your HR department.
- Complete and submit the form using the following information. MPA Federal ID #: 86-1171133 Organization Type: 501(c)3 E-mail: email@example.com Phone: (314) 776-1319 Website: www.microfinancingafrica.org Address: MicroFinancing Partners in Africa, Columbia Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63139
- Your employer will notify MPA of your submission and request confirmation of your gift.
- Your employer will send the matching gift to MPA after MPA verifies your request.
- MPA will confirm receipt of all gifts with both you and your employer
If you are 70 ½ years of age or older and have a traditional Individual Retirement Account (IRA), you can use your required minimum distribution to give to MPA through an IRA Charitable Rollover gift.
These basic guidelines must be followed:
- You must be 70 ½ years of age or older at the time of your gift.
- The transfer must be made from your IRA directly to MicroFinancing Partners in Africa (MPA).
- Your total annual IRA Charitable Rollover gift(s) cannot exceed $100,000 in the calendar year of the gift, and this gift must be made to MPA by December 31 in the year you decide to make the gift.
- Your gift must be outright. Gifts from your IRA to donor-advised funds or life-income vehicles such as charitable gift annuities or charitable remainder trusts do not qualify as IRA Charitable Rollover gifts.
To make an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift to MicroFinancing Partners in Africa, please contact your IRA custodian and ask that your distribution be a charitable rollover to MicroFinancing Partners in Africa, including your name and address in the transfer.
In addition, please contact MPA at (314) 776-1319 with any questions and to notify our office with advance notice of transfer.
Overall, it is your gifts that make it possible to lift people up from poverty to possibility. MPA always strives to provide solid stewardship of its gifts and communication with its donors, so if you have any questions regarding this information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 776-1319.
Thank you for all you do for MPA and we wish you and your loved ones a very happy holiday season.